Friday, February 26, 2010

Mt High Ribs and Rails

So I headed up to Mt High after work last night to go mess around. Conditions were deep sugar on top of ice, and icey chunky snow... You can't expect much for night boarding around So Cal. I made a few runs and all felt pretty solid. I was starting my run off with front 50/50 on this single down rail. This is a trick I hate, especially, when the rail has a skinny, weird tweaked shape to it. For the most part, I had it on lock...until the sugar got the best of me. Mushy ollie that lead to an ugly lock on, that lead to sketchy slide, to slip, to bounce off my rib cage and throw me onto my back on the icey sugar. OUCH, knocked wind out and thought I broke a rib or two. Caught my breath, and headed back down to the car. Hurts to breathe deep or cough, pissed some blood and I am back to work. Hopefully nothing broken, I will give it a couple days. Lots of fun stuff up there to hit, just be careful... sometimes learning is pain!

On another note, I came across a pretty sweet old snowboard that reminded me of the old Bear Park... I think this was called the Pyro?

SWEET!

No comments:

Post a Comment